Currently, foreigners entering to work and have work permits in Vietnam will be issued visas with the symbols LD1 and LD2.
According to Article 8, Law No. 47/2014 / QH13 on entry, exit, transit, and residence for foreigners in Vietnam, as amended by Law No. 51/2019 / QH14, stipulates:
“LD1 – Issued to foreigners working in Vietnam with certification that they are not in the category of work permits, unless otherwise prescribed by the international treaties to which Vietnam is a member;
LD2 – Issued to foreigners working in Vietnam who must have a work permit. “
Thus, a LD1 visa will be issued to a foreigner who has a Certificate of non-eligibility for a work permit and LD2 will be issued to a foreigner who has a work permit to work at the enterprise. Vietnamese organizations.
I. CONDITIONS FOR THE GRANT OF A WORKING VISA FOR FOREIGNERS INTO VIETNAM
According to Article 10 of Law No. 47/2014 / QH13, conditions for granting a visa are as follows:
– Foreigners must have a passport or international travel document
– Foreigners are invited or guaranteed by agencies, organizations or individuals in Vietnam
– Foreigners are not included in the cases that have not yet allowed entry.
– Work permit or Work Permit Exemption.
Ii. WORKING VISA TERM
According to the provisions of Law No. 47/2014 / QH13, Working Visas issued to foreigners will be valid for no more than 2 years.
Note: For passport or international travel document of a foreigner with a term of less than 2 years. Working Visas will be issued with a term shorter than the validity of the passport or international travel document at least 30 days.
Iii. APPLICATION FOR A WORKING VISA
Organizations and companies inviting or sponsoring foreigners to work in Vietnam must prepare and submit a petition for a Working Visa to the foreigner.
An application for a Working Visa for a foreigner includes:
– A written request for immigration approval for foreigners (Form NA2);
– A document introducing the seal and signature of the authorized person of the organization (Form NA16);
– A certified copy of the enterprise registration certificate of the inviting or guaranteeing organization or enterprise;
– A certified copy of the work permit or work permit exemption for the foreigner;
– Letter of Introduction.
Iv. ORDER OF WORK VISA ISSUES
Any organization or enterprise that invites or guarantees a foreigner shall submit a set of dossier to apply for a Working Visa to the foreigner at the Immigration Department where the head office is located.
Within 5 working days from the date of receiving a complete and valid application, the Immigration Department will consider the application for visa approval for foreigners.
In case of approval, the Immigration Department will issue a letter approving the entry approval of the organization or enterprise and send a notice to Vietnam’s Embassy/ Consulate or national border gates where a foreigner can receive a visa.
Visa is valid for one time
USD 25/ Visa
Visa is valid for many times:
Type is valid up to 03 months
USD 50/ Visa
Valid for more than 3 months to 06 months
USD 95/ Visa
Valid for more than 6 months to 01 year
USD 135/ Visa
Valid for more than 01 year to 2 years
USD 145/ Visa